From Jacki’s Lotion to e3’s New Massage Lotion
By Caryn Gehlmann
e3 has always been passionate about providing customers with high-quality, all-natural body care products. There’s a story behind the creation of each of our products as we searched for solutions to meet the needs of our loyal customers. Since we’re announcing the release of e3’s new Scents of Comfort All-Natural Massage Lotion, I wanted to give you the behind-the-scenes story of how we’ve evolved our body care products over the years.
This began in 2001 when we took over production of Jacki’s Lotion, a popular artisanal massage and body lotion, that was created in 1968 using only natural ingredients and handmade in small batches. e3 proudly carries on that tradition (still handmade in small batches) while maintaining its high standard of quality. Many customers have made Jacki’s Lotion their lotion of choice for over 30 years! In fact, we have a family that started using it three generations ago and have handed down the tradition. (A few of our discontinued products, including Jacki’s Lotion, are still available via special order. Please contact us so we can assist you.)
Our body lotions and creams evolved from there, as we listened to customers and estheticians looking for all-natural, skin-nourishing lotions and creams. We went on to create our hypoallergenic, all-natural line, available unscented or scented with pure e3 essential oils. With rice bran oil as the base, you benefit from natural antioxidants, which make your skin soft and smooth, but never greasy.
Since we work very closely with many massage therapists, we realized that the time had come to once again listen to the needs of our customers and develop a new line of lotion. Massage therapists shared that they were looking for an all-natural massage lotion that …
- Is 100% junk-free — no petrochemicals, waxes, synthetics, emulsifiers, or parabens.
- Contains gentle, skin-nourishing, antioxidant-rich ingredients.
- Is versatile for a variety of bodywork modalities, providing the right amount of glide, yet penetrating quickly enough to facilitate deep tissue work
- Is quickly absorbed, leaving their clients’ skin feeling soft, instead of oily.
- Includes a fragrance-free option for clients who prefer unscented, or to mix with their choice of e3 essential oils or blends.
- Includes “scents of comfort” a gentle aromatherapy blend for emotional & physical comfort and a more restorative aromatherapy blend to soothe sore muscles & joints.
- Comes in different sizes, to use in bulk, as samples, or to sell to massage therapy clients who fall in love with it.
We’ve worked hard to address each of these needs and are proud to announce the release of e3’s Scents of Comfort All-Natural Massage Lotion. This versatile lotion can be used by massage therapists, chiropractors, hospitals, hospices, medi-spas, wellness centers, massage schools, and individuals. (Some of our customers who have already tried it, swear by this full body massage lotion and use it on their feet, hands, face, and even hair — good thing a little goes a long way!)
Whether you’re a massage therapist, or someone who appreciates 100% all-natural lotion handmade in small batches, we hope you give our new lotion a try. And when you do, we want to hear from you! It’s our customers who give us the inspiration we need to continue developing new products.